• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 02, 2024, 05:03:35 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

library installation trouble

Started by tboy32, August 30, 2015, 10:21:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tboy32

I've been following the instructions on http://andybrown.me.uk/2015/03/22/stm32dev-windows/ but am having trouble at the point where using scons to build the library (step 6). I get a bunch of these types of errors:

error: expected unqualified-id before 'using'

It appears in a lot of places. Googling the error just leads to posts where people have made simple mistakes (like missing a semicolon) in their code. However I don't think that's the case as I'm using the original stm32plus source files. Could this be a line-ending issue? I don't have much experience with this type of thing, so it would be appreciated if anyone could provide a pointer in the right direction.

Andy Brown

Hi, can you let me know which compiler you are using? From the command line that gives you the errors, please type:

$ arm-none-eabi-g++ -v

You should get some output that includes the version information:

gcc version 4.9.3 20141119 (release) [ARM/embedded-4_9-branch revision 218278] (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors)

It's worse than that, it's physics Jim!

tboy32

Thanks Andy, that was exactly the pointer I needed! Turns out I had a long forgotten gcc installation in my PATH variable and cygwin was using that one instead. It was version 4.6.2. I simply removed the old location from my PATH and everything worked as it should. Thanks for the help and your amazing work!