• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:37:43 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Creating New Fonts

Started by flano, May 03, 2015, 12:45:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flano

May 03, 2015, 12:45:10 am Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:12:34 am by Andy Brown
Andy,

Is there any doco on creating new fonts with the fontconv.exe and adding them to the library?

I have managed to create the .h, .cpp and .xml files and have added them into the directories as per the existing fonts. I have also added them to tft.h.

When I try to use the font I get the following compile error.

'Building target: PowerSupply.elf'
'Invoking: Cross ARM C++ Linker'
arm-none-eabi-g++ -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -fsigned-char -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -g3 -T "C:\Users\mlanagan\Documents\Electronics\PowerSupply\Code\PowerSupply\system\f1hd\Linker.ld" -Xlinker --gc-sections -LC:\Cygwin\home\mlanagan\stm32plus\lib\build\debug-f1hd-8000000 -Wl,-Map,"PowerSupply.map" --specs=nosys.specs -o "PowerSupply.elf"  ./system/f1hd/Startup.o ./system/f1hd/System.o  ./system/LibraryHacks.o  ./PowerSupply.o   -lstm32plus-debug-f1hd-8000000
./PowerSupply.o: In function `stm32plus::display::Font_COMIC36::Font_COMIC36()':
C:\Cygwin\home\mlanagan\stm32plus\lib\include/display/graphic/fonts/Font_comic_sans_36.h:15: undefined reference to `stm32plus::display::FDEF_COMIC_CHAR'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [PowerSupply.elf] Error 1

If I change the code back to one of the included fonts it works fine?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

Andy Brown

Hi Mike,

You've done everything correctly as far as generating the source and header files go. It looks like the .cpp file is either not being compiled or it's not being linked. I don't see it in your linker command line which implies that you've compiled it into the library. Is that the case and can you check that?
It's worse than that, it's physics Jim!

flano

Andy,

Thanks for your reply. My code was linking in an old version of the library, as I updated to 4.0.0 over the weekend.

Working fine now.

Thanks Mike