• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:49 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Cheap PCB production

Started by Phil, June 14, 2016, 09:05:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tcooper

Every PCB manufacturer has its strengths and weaknesses, so never rely on a single one but rather, choose a manufacturer on a per-project basis. Depending on the manufacturing constraints, the volume and the "specialities" (solder mask color, board thickness etc.) prices may greatly vary.
The best starting point is PCBShopper: http://pcbshopper.com/
Simply fill in your requirements, and PCBShopper will automatically request quotes from all the major manufacturers.

RickyTerzis

Hi...i am a new user here. In my case i tried ITead and PCBWay. The quality of the 4 layer boards is, I think, markedly better than the 2 layer boards when compared at the limit. The drill accuracy is better - they tend to hit closer to the center of the via pad. The solder mask aperture positioning seems to be better as well. When I received my Nanocounter boards back from PCBWay I was very pleasantly suprised to see that the soldermask was intact between the pins on the 0.5mm pitch QFN40 package on every board in the package.

Andy Brown

Hi Ricky. I've also noticed that with the 4-layer boards. I think I read somewhere that they go to a different manufacturer but I've never seen that confirmed. I only wish they'd fall in price like the 2 layer boards have done.
It's worse than that, it's physics Jim!