• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

Hacking an HP Z800 motherboard into a standard PC case

Started by Andy Brown, November 01, 2014, 04:53:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gio321

First of all, many thanks to Andy and everyone here for the great tips that helped me build my own hacked Z800 based machine.

It's housed in a Nanoxia Deep Silence 5 and it's happily running 2 x x5680's with the 003 M/B.

Corsair H55 AIO liquid coolers fit perfectly without any mods.
I got 2 Corsair factory refurbished ones for £35 each (for the UK based people) and they are running fine.

The PSU is the COOLERMASTER SILENT PRO 1000W and I made my own memory and M/B cables by following Andy's and b1Ack's instructions (a few posts above) and did not connect the +5V pins on the 18pin cable. It's running fine with 48GB of RAM.

I'm running a Mojave osx based Hackintosh system with 2 x PCIe NVME drives and 9 x HDDs all working fine both on Intel and the SAS controller (plenty of drives in apple soft raid config as I'm using it as a music studio workstation).
Graphics is the Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB and I also got a USB 3.0 PCIe card.

Again thanks all.

Kamswomy

Oh Really important The ICSP header on the dev board is NOT the standard Microchip pin out. Youll need to know how to wire a cable.

ISCP connector details
   Code:

Kamswomy

Oh Really important The ICSP header on the dev board is NOT the standard Microchip pin out. Youll need to know how to wire a cable.

ISCP connector details
   Code: