stm32plus Release Notes
Version 2.1.0 – 31st March 2013
Added “TypeB” Nokia N95 8Gb driver (LDS285 controller). stm32plus now supports both types of this cellphone display that I’ve found so far.
Accepted LGDP453x TFT driver and demo contributed by Andy Franz. Thanks Andy!
Added drivers for SSD1289, SSD1963 and ST7783 LCD interfaces. Demos are included.
Change compile flags to C++0x with GNU extensions. This will facilitate a migration to variadic templates for the feature classes. The motivation for the migration is cleaner and smaller code generation.
Ported all peripheral classes that allowed template features to variadic templates.
Ported all LCD interface declarations from subclasses to template typedef aliases. Removed the colour depth suffix from graphic terminal class names, i.e. remove _64K, _262K suffixes. This is because there’s no difference between the colour depths making the suffix irrelevant.
Replaced SmartArray.h with scoped_array.h and scoped_ptr.h lifted from the open source Chromium project with appropriate credits.
Added reset() method to MillisecondTimer to bring the clock back down to zero.
Fixed STL slist for modern, stricter compilers.
Increased reliability of ADS7843 touch screen by preventing the pen interrupt from occurring while sampling is taking place.
Replaced the 3 GraphicTerminal* classes with a single GraphicTerminal template. The terminal declarations for each LCD interface have been updated accordingly. Graphics terminal declarations have now lost the colour depth suffix. So for example:
would now be:
Also, the terminal class constructor is now a reference and not a pointer.
Implemented AT24C32/64 serial EEPROM classes with I2C interface. An example program is provided. Include “config/eeprom.h” to get access to the class.
Created StreamBase base class for InputStream and OutputStream and lifted up the error codes into the base as well as the common close() interface method.
Version 2.0.0 – February 10th 2013
stm32plus 2.0.0 is a major release with way too many features and changes to list here. Please see this blog post for details.
Version 1.2.0 – September 5th 2012
- Major internal rewrite for the TFT display drivers. The old class hierarchies have been replaced by more specialised template classes. This allows the code to be much more specialised to the actual task in hand which results in higher performance. There are API and class name differences, but the overall approach is the same. All the demo code and blog articles have been updated to the new APIs.
- Added support for an LZG decoder stream. Good for compressed PNG-style bitmaps that are efficient in their use of memory. Also could be used to efficiently stream bitmaps over USART where bandwidth is relatively low. The bm2rgbi.exe utility accepts a ‘-c’ option to create LZG compressed bitmaps. See the TFT demos for how to incorporate these graphics directly into your flash image.
- Added the picoJPEG decoder for decoding and displaying JPEG images. All the TFT driver demos now feature a JPEG being decoded. See each demo for sample code.
- STL support is here! The SGI implementation of the STL is ported and included with stm32plus. To use, ensure that stm32plus/include/stl is in your include path.
- Complete rewrite of the Makefile structure for rebuilding the project and the examples. Previously the Makefiles were set up to do a clean build each time they were ran. Now they will build only what’s required (just like a real Makefile!) and they place object code in an obj/ subdirectory to reduce clutter.
- Added missing virtual destructors to some classes where virtual funcs were present.
Version 1.1.4 – July 18th 2012
- Significant internal changes to the Font api to simplify it. Examples have been updated to the new API.
- Included Windows C# GUI to convert TTF to bitmap font suitable for direct use with stm32plus. Only works properly with bitmap fonts, not outline vector fonts. See utils/fonts/FontConv for the utility.
- Add setScrollPosition(0) to mc2pa8201 startup (needed by N93).
- Added a demo for the ILI9327 WQVGA panel driver.
- Fix bug in USART interrupt handler code.
- Optimisation for drawing straight lines: use fillRectangle instead.
Version 1.1.3 – 6 April 2012
- Added support for external SRAM connected through the FSMC and exposed either as a direct pointer to the external memory or as a block device for use as a SRAM disk.
- Added a demo for the ILI9481 HVGA panel driver.
- Added various smart pointers in ptr/*.h
- Fix bug in startup sequence for MC2PA8201 – need to wait at least 5ms after SLEEP_OUT before next command.
Version 1.1.2 – 12 March 2012
- Added MC2PA8201 TFT driver and associated graphics library demo to support the Nokia 2730 LCD reverse-engineering project.
Version 1.1.1 – 18 February 2012
- ADS7843 fix: disable vref during conversion for better accuracy and compatibility.
- Added findMultipleSequential() method to LinearFreeClusterFinder as a way to get access to a raw set of unused blocks on a device that the file system has not allocated for use.
- Added LinearBufferInputOutputStream class to support raw access to memory blocks.
- Fixed problems in GraphicLcdTerminal that came from incompatible code from an earlier release.
- Removed millisPerStep option for scrolling – apps should take care of their own animation requirements.
- Added getScrollPosition() to DisplayDevice interface.
- Removed SD_DETECT optional signal from low-level SDIO driver – not all boards implement this.
- Moved MBR detection into filesystem internal code. No need for this complication to be seen by users.
- Added InterruptTimer as a simple class for generating timed interrupts at regular events. Supports up to 60kHz.
- Much modification to the Timer base class to support interrupts.
- Remove Timer1 from the available timers. The advanced timers 1 and 8 will be dealt with properly in a future release.
- Added Timeline for animation.
- Fix memory leak in FatDirectoryIterator.
- Fix memory leak in FilenameHandler.
- Added setScrollPosition() to display device and graphics library.
- Fix bug in graphics lcd terminal where lcd scroll position was not reset to zero on clear.
Version 1.1.0 – 8 January 2012
Delete ParallelDisplayDeviceHelper and push up the functionality into DisplayDeviceGraphics. This allows reuse from the serial implementations.
Added SSD1306 128×64 monochrome OLED support. Typically these are the 0.96″ wristwatch sized devices.
Changes to the scrolling API:
- Devices no longer need to support timed-interval smooth scrolling, this is passed up to the graphics library.
- setScrollArea added as an API call to allow for devices that can have a scroll window.
Display devices now have a sleep(bool) call to put them to sleep/wake them up. Implemented so far on HX8347A, SSD1306 and ILI9325.
Substantial changes to the GraphicsLibrary API to use the graphical types (Rectangle, Point, Size) instead of raw co-ordinates.
Added DMA writer for SPI peripherals, also added buffered SPI writer for linking to the DMA writer via the new ByteArrayOutputStream.
Version 1.0.1 – 30 December 2011
Fixed bug in RGBEtoRGBI for 262K colour mode of ILI9325. 1.0.0 assumed that the colour transfer format was the same as for the ILI9327 and ILI9481, which it is not. RGBEtoRGBI is now pushed down from the colour mode helper classes into the driver class.
Fixed hx8347a example where #include directory path was HX8347A when it should be hx8347a. This slipped through on Windows where case doesn’t matter but will throw an error on Linux.
Added ili9325 driver demo. For kicks this one sets the device mode to 262K colour (18-bit, 2 transfers per pixel) instead of the faster 64K mode (16 bit, 1 transfer per pixel). Speed is still subjectively very high.