• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:09:30 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

PCB's and SMD components

Started by rodolfok, January 11, 2017, 04:40:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rodolfok

Hi,
I have seen that in many projects where a PCB is built, SMD components are used (e.g. project http://andybrown.me.uk/2012/06/05/nokia-lcd-for-arduino-mega-1/).
Where can I find any tutorial about how to solder those SMD components on the PCB?
Thanks

Andy Brown

Well... there are tutorials all over YouTube so I guess you're asking which ones I think are the best? I personally find Dave Jones' eevblog videos easy and enjoyable to watch.

Check out #186, 346, 434, 689. He's probably done more as well.
It's worse than that, it's physics Jim!

LulaNord

March 03, 2017, 10:54:46 am #2 Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 01:00:48 pm by LulaNord
Hi...i think easily you can find its tutorials. But i would like to tell you something. TFTs like these draw a very small amount of current, typically less than 10mA so I will supply it indirectly from a GPIO pin through the level converter. This allows me to control the order in which power is applied. Many TFTs prefer their I/O supply to come up before the panel supply and for safety I'm going to assume that this is the case with this device. Had the device required significant amounts of current I would have had to use a couple of transistors to switch the current on and off.