• Welcome to Andy's Workshop Forums. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:15:52 am

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Eclipse indexer

Started by mhel, December 03, 2015, 02:44:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhel

Hi,
For anyone not very familiar with Eclipse (like me).

I've been building for stm32f4-discovery board by following Andy's instructions here http://andybrown.me.uk/2015/03/22/stm32dev-windows/
and everything seems ok. The examples builds with my selected configuration (e.g.Debug_f407_168_8).
For some reason whenever I press F3 to follow the declaration it pulls the wrong info (well it's similar info, but wrong file).
When I built stm32plus library, I noticed in project explorer fwlib the f1 directory is active. It confuses me since I'm building
for f4 device and I could program the board and it works. But if I look at some headers that defines the use of F4 device they're inactive.
After some clicking here and there, I found out that you can change the indexer settings.
One can go to Project->Properties->C/C++ General/Indexer of stm32plus library and you can change the Build configuration for indexer and select the
configuration you want to use and you're good to go. It now also fixes all those annoying un-resolve thingies that shouldn't be un-resolve.

I made a post about it so if Mr. Google creeps in here it'll find some usefull info for newbies.